If you care about the sound or you want something large and loud for an outdoor party, you should probably look for a separate speaker. At the same price range, a dedicated speaker will definitely give better sound quality than a cooler with speakers. In some cases, an expensive cooler with Bluetooth speakers will not sound better than a cheaper speaker.
When you’re throwing a backyard BBQ or just looking to lounge in front of the ocean, a portable cooler with speakers will be a viable solution. It will decrease the number of things you need to pack no matter where you go, how long you plan to stay or what you’re doing.
What features to look for in a cooler with speakers?
You must take into consideration both the cooler and speaker specs because you’re buying a 2-in-1 device.
For the cooler, you must consider the size of the storage such as small, medium or large as well as how long they keep ice. Also, cooler material and cooler type (soft or hard cooler, with or without wheels…). If you choose a rolling cooler, the material and durability of the wheel is also important as it supports your entire cooler.
You may also like: How to Choose the Best Small Cooler with Wheels
As for Bluetooth speakers, there are more features to consider, and the most important thing is sound quality.
With a cooler with speakers, you can’t really expect high-end audio or anything close to that standard, but you can still find something good enough to listen to and enjoy music.
Since you’re looking for a Bluetooth speaker, you should check the Bluetooth specifications (Bluetooth version, connection quality and reliability, connection range, additional Bluetooth features, etc.).
Also, you have to pay attention to battery life, ease of use, and extra features. Some coolers have power banks so you can use them to charge your phone, and some have additional audio input.
Finally, you have to define a budget and set limits.
How should you use your cooler?
Most people like to put them in the house so they can plug them into an outlet when needed.
Some people will hide their cooler in a locker and use the remote to change the music remotely. Others want to leave their coolers on display and use wireless speakers that can move freely in the party area.
Since coolers are made of durable materials, they can be left outside as long as the weather is nice. It means they don’t get wet, or nothing spill on them.
There is no right or wrong way to go, above are several ways that people listen to their coolers.
Further reading: Best Camping Cooler for the Money
Do you need your own music player to use a cooler with speakers?
This depends on the model of cooler that you have. Some coolers have a built-in MP3 player, while others require you to use your own device as part of the setup process.
If you need your own player, double-check what file types it will accept before purchasing.
At the same time, make sure all electronics and included cables will be easy to transport and store. Otherwise, these bulky and clumsy items become inconvenient, being more luggage than 1 device that helps organize a party.
Best Cooler with Speakers
TUNES2GO CA-E065A KoolMAX Bluetooth Speaker
- Has a simple suitcase design
- With remote control, DC adapter, manual and warranty card
- Has a telescopic handle at the back and wheels at the bottom. Each handle has a bottle opener
- Lid with special weatherproof compartment for tablets and phones
- Built-in LED flashlight on the inside of the cover
- Storage capacity is 40 US quarts; you can put up to 48 beer cans or 28 bottles inside
- Keeps ice cold for up to 72 hours
- Easily find all buttons (playback controls, Bluetooth pairing, volume control), as well as all inputs
- Music can be played from your phone via Bluetooth, or you can connect any audio source with an analog AUX output
- The speaker has an FM tuner.
- There are two mic inputs (XLR and 6.35mm). These things can be used for singing karaoke.
- It has a rechargeable battery.
- The peak power output is 350W: loud and bassy.
- It is the most popular, highly rated and most versatile coolers with Bluetooth speakers, on the market today.
Things to consider:
- It is not waterproof.
- At high volumes, normally above 70%, sound may get distorted.
Bud Light Soft Cooler with Built in Speakers
- It has an insulating lining on the inside and a beautiful fabric finish with the Bud Light logo.
- It is easy for carrying with an adjustable shoulder strap.
- Users feel convenient with a small, zippered pocket, a tiny Velcro compartment.
- A controller box which has a button/switch that you have to flip in order to turn the speakers on and initiate pairing.
- In terms of connections, you can either use Bluetooth or AUX connection. Fast pairing and qualified connection that satisfy most users.
- It can deliver up to 6 hours of playtime and recharging time takes about 3 hours.
- The cooler has two tiny speakers which are good enough for some quiet background music.
- It is a perfect choice for short trips and small seminars (2-3 people).
Things to consider:
- No dedicated buttons on the controller box. Users must use phone to adjust the volume or control the playback.
- This cooler doesn’t hold ice. It’s not lined with waterproof lining.
- It is for dry goods or use ice packs, don’t fill it with ice.
- Actually, it fits less than 24 cans as advertised.
Margaritaville Cooler Bluetooth Speaker
- Best choice for a day at the beach
- Playing time is about 5 hours
- Storing all your drinks inside the main compartment
- Carry easily with built-in strap, Holding up to 12 cans or bottles
- Be able to connect 2 Margaritaville cooler speakers together for a better listening experience
- With a range of 33 feet, you can roam freely without being disconnected
- Good insulation keeps drinks cold
- Easily access and set up
- Great sound
Things to consider:
- Ice melts fast and leaks when trolley
Igloo KoolTunes Boombox Cooler
- The cooler features two 5-watt built-in speakers
- Bluetooth 5.0 wireless pairing technology
- IP56-rated water- & dust-resistant design
- It is Bluetooth compatible and can play music for up to 10 hours on a single charge
- The cooler delivers a premium audio experience with powerful bass and dynamic frequency. The response ranges from 80Hz-20kHz.
- Currently at the lowest price in the past days.
Things to consider:
- No bass
- Sound is not good, especially when you are on the beach with ocean waves
SUPER REAL: The Cooler with Speakers & Subwoofer
- Lightweight, water-resistant, removable speakers
- Rechargeable battery
- Built-in power bank
- Charges your iPhone, Android, Tablet
- Perfect for the beach, camping, parties, boats, picnics, or festivals…
- Plenty of room
- Great sound quality
- Long battery life
- Well-built and sturdy material
Things to consider:
- Zipper broke quickly if you are not careful
- Holds the ice for only a few hours
- The bag itself sometimes leaks
SUPER REAL: The Cooler with Speakers
- It is a lightweight, waterproof portable speaker that weighs under 3 lbs. and features a 20-watt portable speaker with an attractive design in a waterproof cooler.
- It has a rechargeable battery and power bank that can charge your iPhone, Android, Computer Board.
- It works seamlessly with iPhone and Android devices and charges them on the go.
- This cooler delivers powerful sound, the whole time lasts more than 8 hours.
- Attractive design
- Portable waterproof
What to consider:
- The front ports can be easily broken
- Rubber protector for the control panel is not strong enough
Bud Light Cooler Beach
- It’s best for a picnic. The insulated cooler bag that has a large capacity, also has speakers and a chair together.
- This cooler can hold 24 cans of beer or any beverage and has a premium and high-quality zipper on the front side which will minimize the possibility of a broken zipper.
- With a beautiful design and made of insulating material, the cooler can keep foods and drinks cool or warm for a long time.
- Portable and have built-in Bluetooth, the cooler provides a good range and stable connection with all Bluetooth-enabled devices.
- It provides exceptional quality clarity and zero distortion. As well as with super deep bass and clear sound. Also, it is energy efficient and uses less power compared to others.
- With quicker, faster connection and it is compatible with all Bluetooth devices.
- Durable and foldable
- Clarity sound with strong bass
What to consider:
- Very low seating
Suggested Best Cheap Coolers for Camping
Igloo Marine Ultra Coolers
For under $100, the Igloo Marine Ultra cooler is the best cooler for holding ice. For about $60, you can buy this wheeled cooler that is capable of keeping ice for about 7 days.
It’s sturdy, you can stand and sit on this cooler. This device is suitable for fishing, beach days or as a cooler at sea.
Fishing rod holders and cup holders are included, which are attached to the front of the cooler. The wheels on the Igloo Marine Ultra are capable of handling asphalt, grass and even sand with relative ease.
Coleman Rolling Cooler
Equipped with Xtreme technology, an insulated canopy and additional insulated walls, it can keep ice for up to 5 days at temperatures as high as 90°F.
The device has a large capacity, up to 84 cans. Heavy-duty wheels on any terrain, you can stack food comfortably.
Designed with cup holder, to keep drinks sealed and spill-proof. With a neat telescopic handle, it’s easy for you to pull.
Arctic Zone Titan Deep Freeze
It features Deep Freeze high performance insulation with a radiant heat barrier that reflects heat instead of absorbing it.
Quick access to food and drinks thanks to the “flip open” Zipperless lid.
Ultra Safe leak-proof liner with Microban protects from bacterial odors and stains and makes cleaning this product easier.
It also features an adjustable Backsaver shoulder strap with shoulder pads for convenience and usability.